We are pleased to be supporting the upcoming 6th International Conference – HSR Asia 2023 which will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 31st October to 1st November.
This prestigious event will bring together decision makers, policy makers, practitioners, rail operators, government, industry experts and researchers from around the world to explore and discuss the latest advancements, challenges and opportunities in the high speed rail and other rail transport systems in the Asia Pacific region. The 2 day conference will track the rapid development of growth and network expansion of high-speed rail systems and will offer insights and analysis of the Asia Pacific rail market, covering the current situation, expected new developments, key trends, advanced rail solutions including AI technology and opportunities.
Opening Keynote Address:
- Dato’ Sri Fauzi Abdul Rahman, Chairman
- MyHSR Corporation, Malaysia
Panel of Industry Specialists, Operators and Government:
- T C Chew, Director, Global Rail Solutions, ARUP, United Kingdom
- Mark Loader, PMO Director, Southern Section, HS2, SCS Railways, United Kingdom
- Sim Ooi Kok, Country Managing Director, Alstom Malaysia, Malaysia
- Dev Amratia, Co-Founder & CEO, nPlan, United Kingdom
- Rod Diridon, Sr.,
- Co-Chair, US High Speed Rail Coalition, USA
- Chair Emeritus, California HSR Authority
- Past Chair, American Public Transportation Association
- Adj. Prof Andrea Giuricin
- Transport Economist at CESISP, University Milan Bicocca
- CEO, TRA Consulting
- Senior Transport Consultant, World Bank, Asia and Africa
- Jeff Tan, APAC Leader, Supply Chain & Logistics Practice, Frost & Sullivan, Asia Pacific
- Simon Lane, Executive Director, Rail Advisory Services
- Kent Donaldson, Executive Railway Specialist, Saudi Arabian Rail (SAR)/ Gulf Cooperative Council
For more information and to register to attend, visit: https://stratcomsevents.com/hsrasia23/
We have 3x exciting Jobs of the Week. In Saudi Arabia, we are looking for Rolling Stock Training Experts / Assessors and in Brisbane, Australia we are looking for an Associate Contract Manager. In Taiwan, we are looking for a Senior Planner (must be fluent in Mandarin) to work in Taoyuan.
Alstom has been awarded a contract by Irish Rail (Iarnród Éireann) to revolutionise rail travel and mobility on the Cork Area Commuter Rail (CACR) network. The project, set to enhance the rail service within the Cork metropolitan area, will feature Alstom’s signalling technologies – Smartlock Computer-Based Interlocking (CBI) system and European Train Control System (ETCS). The CACR project aims to modernise and upgrade 62km of the rail network, stretching from Mallow to Cork, Cobh, and Midleton.
Source: Rail UK
Caltrain has announced plans to pilot a bi-level dual electric and battery-powered train to help further reduce emissions from its services. The California Transportation Commission has approved 80 million USD in funding to purchase a battery-equipped electric train from Stadler. This funding allocation will also cover the related maintenance services and charging facility upgrades for the new vehicle.
CAF MiiRA, The CAF owned wheel-axle manufacturer, has announced announce a strategic collaboration with Euskotren, the Basque rail operator to test new wheel soundproofing systems on its train fleet. It will monitor the noise generated as it looks to significantly reduce the sound with the new systems. "At CAF MiiRA, we take pride in our commitment to excellence and continuous innovation inthe railway industry," said Julio Galipienzo, R&D Manager at CAF MiiRA. "This strategic collaboration with Euskotren provides us with an opportunity to combine our capabilities and knowledge to develop advanced solutions that improve the passenger travel experience and reduce environmental impact."
Source: Rail Technology Magazine
Israel Railways has approved a 7bn shekel rolling stock acquisition programme which will enable it to phase out single-deck trains to help meet forecast ridership of 105 million passengers in 2025 and 300 million in 2040. The plan approved on July 31 includes a planned order for a further 96 Alstom double-deck push-pull coaches, adding to its current fleet of 580, along with four more Traxx electric locomotives to join the existing fleet of 62.
Source: Railway Gazette
China Railway has announced that track laying has commenced on the Fangchenggang-Dongxing Railway, which will offer a direct high-speed railway service to the Vietnam border. On 8 August, the first set of 500-metre-long steel rails was laid within the territory of Fangchenggang City in Guangxi, China. This track-laying work is expected to be completed by the end of September this year. In total, it will involve laying 106.7 kilometres of rails, with construction passing through 8 tunnels and 32 bridges.
UK rail manager Network Rail has announced a series of works during the end of August as it takes another step forward in its digital signals programme with the turning on of 116 signals in South West London. The £116m resignalling scheme is part of a wider project for the organisation, which is seeking to reduce the network’s carbon footprint through more efficient signalling technology and upgrade technology that dates back as far as 1974.
Source: Railway Technology
Jobs of the Week
Job ID#: 13776
Our client is seeking an Associate Contract Manager to assist with activities on the Cross River Rail (CRR) Project.
This role is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Ensure contracts entered into by the company meet with the Company commercial and legal requirements and standards of compliance.
* Ensure the Commercial procedures are adhered to and manage and monitor monthly.
* Support the commercial team to ensure that the monthly report is updated timeously for review and presentation.
* Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts) Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Biding Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of sub contract proposed terms and conditions.
* Serve as the point of contact for contractors on contractual matters. Act as contractual "middleman" between company employees and contractors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
* Be a key contributor in maintaining commercial acumen amongst the project team.
* Maintain contractual records and documentations and control of all contract correspondence, contractor contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for the project.
* Provide contractual clarification / position to project's team members.
Work Experience / Technical Skill Requirements
* Minimum 3-year experience in contract & commercial roles in complex technical/ construction or engineering-based organization.
* Minimum 2-years" experience in the railway/infrastructure/resource industry.
Education / Qualification Requirements
* Tertiary qualifications in engineering, project/construction/building management or Quantity Surveying are essential.
Post graduate qualifications in construction law or contracts management are highly desirable.
Contact: Renee Wade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job ID#: 13777
Discipline: Rolling Stock
Our client is seeking 2x Rolling Stock Training Expert/Assessor to work in Saudi Arabia.
Features of the job
* Based in Dammam, reporting to Senior Manager EWR Freight
* ~200 staff maintaining locomotives and wagons. (including the wheel shop)
* 5 types of locomotive, 5 types of wagon
* High age profile in Dammam, with new starters commencing in 2023 to replace retirees
* Training exists but assessment program to be developed
1. Technically sound in rolling stock if not freight, passenger may be OK
2. Apprentice trained in mechanical or electrical engineering as a minimum
3. Knowledge of rolling stock electrical, pneumatic systems
4. Recognised Trainer or assessor qualification
5. 5 years minimum training experience in the class room and hands on in the workshop
6. 10 years in rolling stock maintenance environment
7. Solid H&S credentials
Contact: Jackie Hendry (email@example.com)
Job ID#: 13692
Discipline: Programming / Scheduling
Language: Mandarin, English
Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and delivery of facilities for high-tech industries and they are looking for a Senior Planner to work in Taoyuan, Taiwan.
Our client is looking for candidates who are fluent in Mandarin and English and will also consider local Taiwan based candidates and foreigners.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Compilation of all necessary information for tenders, monthly reports and presentation;
* Construction planning and liaising with clients, suppliers, building and facility contractors;
* Submission of an optimum tender programme which can meet the client's requirements/provision of a workable and cost effective Baseline/Master Programme;
* Involvement in the development and control of Project Work Schedule, such as building works, M&E and Process Systems from concept design to construction/installation to testing and commissioning;
* Inputs the activity information into a project scheduling software and use an iterative process of time analysis to obtain an optimum time schedule; *Calculates/Estimates the duration of each major construction activity and the resource requirements; *Determines the optimum sequence of the activities;
* Liaise with other staff & suppliers, visits the site to optimize the planning effort; *Manage design progress, reporting, authorities matrix and similar management tools;
* When on a project, reports to Project Manager.
* System skill required: P6, Project
* Language skills: Chinese and English (bilingual)
* More than 10 years experience using P6
* Independent and service-oriented way of working as well as teamwork and communication skills.
* Language skills: both English and Chinese.
Contact: Patricia Hsiao (firstname.lastname@example.org)