We are proud to be supporting the MENA Transport Congress and Exhibition 2024.
The MENA Transport Congress and Exhibition 2024 is the leading event for sustainable urban mobility solutions in the MENA region, taking place in vibrant Dubai from 28 February to 1 March 2024.
This year's theme is "Sustainable Mobility and Wellbeing", representing our steadfast commitment to building a more sustainable future for urban mobility. Our focus is on harnessing the power of cutting-edge technologies, implementing effective policies, and adopting industry best practices to create a brighter and healthier world. By prioritizing sustainable mobility and wellbeing, we aim to inspire positive change and drive progress towards a more sustainable and liveable future.
Get a chance to engage with industry experts, policymakers, and leaders through keynote speeches, panel discussions, and interactive sessions. Together, we can help achieve the global climate objective of net zero emissions by 2050.
For more information, visit: https://www.menatransport.org/website/3387/
Our Job of the Week this week is in Taiwan where we are looking for an I&C Supervisor to work in Taoyuan City.
Hitachi Rail has completed phase one of its production of the potentially game-changing “tribrid” Masaccio train. Following the completion of phase one of production, 20 trains – branded ‘Blues’ by Italian operator Trenitalia have entered service across Italy. The successful completion also means that the Masaccio is Europe’s first ‘tribrid’ battery train, using a combination of electric, hybrid and diesel power. The ‘tribrid’ differs from diesel-electric hybrid technology as it draws most of its power source through battery marking a first for European rail.
Source: Rail Technology Magazine
Following the contract renewal, Arriva Rail London is expected to run the London Overground trains for a further two years until May 2026. Arriva Rail London (ARL), a subsidiary of Arriva Group, has signed a two-year contract extension as the delivery partner for the London Overground under the Transport for London (TfL). The extension comes into place in May 2024, and includes a TfL break option in May 2025 and maintains the employment of ARL’s 1,500-person workforce.
Source: Railway Technology
Egyptian National Railways (ENR) has contracted Škoda to modernise and maintain at least 280 electro-diesel locomotives for Egypt’s rail network. This project marks the start of Škoda Group’s expansion into Africa and consists of two contracts, with a total value of over 1 billion EUR. The first contract covers the overhaul of locomotives over a period of nine years, while the second includes full-service maintenance for up to 15 years.
Brightline has finished construction on extending its intercity passenger rail service to Orlando, Florida ahead of the route launching this summer. Brightline’s Orlando expansion broke ground in June 2019, following the start of operations in South Florida between Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach the previous year. Additional stations have also since opened in downtown Boca Raton and Aventura in 2022 while construction to Orlando continued.
During the night of 21 to 22 June, dynamic tests began in France with the TGV M, the fifth-generation TGV built by Alstom. The high-speed train is due to enter commercial service with SNCF in 2025. Also known as the Avelia Horizon, this TGV, designed and produced by Alstom, has double-deck carriages, a push-pull configuration and a locomotive at each end. During these tests, the calibration and correct operation of all the measurement sensors installed by the Agence d’Essais Ferroviaire (AEF) were checked.
American operator CPKC and manufacturer, CSX has announced a collaboration to convert a diesel locomotive to hydrogen fuel cell power. As an initial step in the collaboration, CSX plans to convert one of its diesel locomotives using a hydrogen conversion kit developed by CPKC. “This innovative collaboration expands our hydrogen locomotive program beyond a single railroad and represents an exciting next step in proving the long-term viability of hydrogen as a solution to emissions reduction for our industry,” said Keith Creel, CPKC president and chief executive officer.
Source: Rail Technology Magazine
CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co formally marked the start of local assembly of driverless metro trainsets for Istanbul with a ceremony in Ankara on June 7, describing the occasion as ‘a historic moment for Turkey’s rail transit industry’. The Chinese builder was awarded a TL1·5bn contract in April 2020 to supply 176 cars for the driverless metro line M11 serving the new Istanbul airport.
Source: Metro Report International
The comprehensive inspection train (CIT) of Jakarta-Bandung High-Speed Railway (HSR) reached 350 km per hour, the design speed, for the first time on Thursday during the joint commissioning and testing phase. The incremental speed tests have been conducted since the start of joint commissioning and testing on May 22.
Job of the Week
Job ID#: 13745
Language: Mandarin, English
Our client is a leading engineering and construction group and they are seeking a Site Engineer/Supervisor I&C Supervisor. This role is based in Taoyuan City.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Integrate departmental activities into plant operations to ensure safe, reliable and cost efficient operation
* Co-ordinates the day-to-day activities with the sub-contractor and vendors and reports progress back to I&C Lead
* Supports the generation, population, upkeep, and timely turnover of the respective Electrical (ELV) I&C Construction Completion Dossiers
* Witness & endorse the testing as per the defined test limits / defined criteria
* Co-ordinates with contractor and QA Engineer for Mockup Inspection
* Report Quality related engineering observation report (EOR), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) to I&C Lead and assist with close out where appropriate
* Co-ordinate with QA Engineer on all quality related issues.
* Ensure all test packs are completed according to schedule and Quality.
* Co-ordinate with Exyte Walk down Co-coordinator to ensure system walk down activities are executed on schedule in accordance with Project & client requirements
* Co-ordinate with the subcontractors in punch list clearance raised by stakeholders
* Responsible for approving of the respective method statements and the like, necessary for the completion of the project
* Responsible for liaising with the client counterparts with respect to obtaining client approvals where necessary
* Supports Qualification activities for systems including, but not limited to Utilities, Equipment, Facility, Cleaning and/or Process Qualification.
* Supports the I&C Lead in Handing over the respective systems to the client
* Check the drawings produced by the engineers and drafting personnel as per site conditions
* Check vendor supplied drawings and/or information and co-ordinate transfer into project drawings
* Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders for the purpose of receiving instructions, answering questions, scheduling work, carrying out assignments and providing information about work in progress
* Coordinates activities for the purpose of ensuring safety and security of employees and property and to minimize the exposure to injury, loss and/or liability
* Oversees assigned area (e.g., work area, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring all are maintained in safe, clean, and good working condition in accordance with accepted standards
* Diagnoses problems and/or failures in Electrical (ELV)and I&C systems and/or related equipment for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or system repair and replacement needs.
* Responds to emergencies for the purpose of addressing immediate safety and health concerns.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in Instrument and control system (I&C) work for C/R and MEP projects.
Contact: Patricia Hsiao (firstname.lastname@example.org)