We are proud to be supporting this year's Middle East Rail which will take place from 15-16 May 2023 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Abu Dhabi.
As the largest and longest established rail conference in the region, Middle East Rail is full of the most innovative and ground-breaking content.
The agenda features over 100 conference presentations, panels and interviews covering connected and intelligent systems, automated and safe processes, IoT and data analysis, sustainable operations and much more. The sessions will be led by the industry’s leading figures, forward-thinking senior executives and the key decision makers who are reshaping the industry.
This year’s exhibition sees over 300 exhibitors join from across the globe, bringing you cutting edge products and solutions from the entire transport ecosystem. See world leading brands such as Alstom, Siemens, Emeg and many more display the latest innovative technology from hydrogen trains to the latest in digital tech, all on the exhibition floor.
For more information and to register to attend, visit: https://www.terrapinn.com/exhibition/middle-east-rail/index.stm
We have 2x Jobs of the Week this week. In Los Angeles, California, we are looking for a Project Manager to work for a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles (note this role is open only to candidates in North America). And in Perth, Western Australia we are looking for Signal Technicians (must have experience working in the United Kingdom).
Alstom has been awarded a contract to provide operations and maintenance services for the Maryland Area Rail Commuter (MARC) Camden and Brunswick Lines. This 367 million EUR (400 million USD) contract was awarded to Alstom by the Maryland Department of Transportation’s Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA) for an initial period of five years.
Testing and commissioning of a new tram line is underway in Wolverhampton, in the English West Midlands. The first run along the new alignment (4 April) has seen trams back in Wolverhampton as the City Centre Metro extension got underway. It’s the most prominent of a series of expansion plans for the network that will eventually triple in size, to serve over 80 stops, including more than 20 transport interchanges across the region, including Wolverhampton, Birmingham, and the regional international airport.
București metro operator Metrorex has selected a consortium of Turkish contractor Gülermak and its local partner Somet to design and build the second section of metro Line M6 to Henri Coandă International Airport at Otopeni. Line M6 will share tracks with the existing M4 from Gara de Nord in the city centre to 1 Mai, where it will branch off to run over 14·2 km of new alignment with 12 stations to reach the airport.
Source: Metro Report International
Pontoons for use by otters have been installed under a railway bridge which carries the line to Ribe over the River Tved. Infrastructure manager Banedanmark said that while the protected mammals are good swimmers, they dislike swimming under bridges and instead take the more dangerous route on dry land across the track. However, they are happy to walk under a bridge on a solid surface, so a 10 m long pontoon bridge has been installed so that they can cross the railway without leaving the course of the river.
Source: Railway Gazette
CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles has announced the completion of the initial trials of China's first high-temperature superconducting maglev system. The operating trials have verified the performance of core system technologies, including the maglev vehicle, guideway, traction power supply system and operational communications systems.
Source: International Railway Journal
Job of the Week
Job ID#: 13633
Discipline: Rolling Stock
Our client is a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles in the U.S. The company's mission is to supply high quality rolling stock to transit agencies on time and under budget. Our vehicles can be seen successfully transporting commuters in major cities across the U.S. including LA, Seattle, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Dallas, Jersey City and Boston.
They currently have a contract to perform midlife overhauls on the P2250 fleet of light rail vehicles running along the Gold Line. The 50 LRVs were manufactured by AnsaldoBreda from 2008 through 2012. The scope of work for the overhaul program includes the following systems and safety components: vehicle door systems, propulsion system controllers, friction brake system controllers, trucks, automatic train control (ATC)/automatic train operation (ATO) system controllers, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, and communication system controllers.The work will be performed at their facility in Palmdale, California and is estimated to take four and a half years. The Palmdale facility is also completing work on Metro"s order for 235 P3010 LRVs, the first 21 of which entered Gold Line revenue service on March 5, 2016.
They are looking for a Project Manager to assist in overseeing and directing the current program with LA Metro. Communicates directly with customer, KI sub-contractors, vendors, and internal departments regarding project cost, scheduling and daily operations. Liaison between KI and LA Metro, sub-contractors, and vendors, preparing project status reports and works to ensure all work adheres to contract specifications. A wide degree of sound judgment, creativity and latitude is expected.
* Work with Project Scheduler to update schedule including; assist in negotiating master project schedule and subcontractor schedules, CDRLs, testing, etc.
* Support project cost-to-complete estimates and quarterly project forecasts.
* Responsible for the review and submittal of documentation to both the customer and suppliers.
* Attend internal project review meetings, provides correspondence and open items status.
* Manage the documentation closeout of project action items.
* Develop presentation packages for submittal and meetings.
* Administrative support in coordinating meetings with customer and/or subcontractor meetings.
* Coordination of tests between Engineering, Quality and/or Commissioning Test Teams and the Customer.
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* 10+ years relevant transportation project management experience
* Knowledge of Primavera project management
* Superior organizational, communication and people skills
Contact: Renee Wade (email@example.com)
Job ID#: 13559
Our client is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Perth suburban rail network and are looking for a number of experienced signal technicians to join their team in Perth to ensures the safe, efficient and effective first line maintenance of signalling equipment, associated systems including critical power supplies and protected level crossing systems to a high degree of integrity. The role also organises work teams and provides on the job instruction and training to new recruits as and when required.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a stable career in Western Australia with a client who offers job stability where applicants can work close to home. You will not have to leave town for long stints to work on fly in fly out rosters. It"s a local Perth job where successful applicants can enjoy the local Perth attractions on their time off. Open to overseas applicants and our client will pay for relocation and arrange work visas.
As a Signal Technician you will
* Carry out preventative routine maintenance and fault rectification including symptom investigations on
signalling equipment, protected level crossings and associated systems and critical power supplies.
* Carry out first line maintenance on signalling equipment.
* Conduct appropriate testing and monitoring against procedures to ensure signalling equipment and
system safety, integrity and reliability is as required.
* Carry out technical tasks required for commissioning of new equipment, systems and technology.
* Participate in required training and maintains competency in equipment, systems, specialist tools and
* Provide technical information that is needed by managers to develop budgets, maintenance work
programs and costing of repair work.
* Provide relevant supervision, technical guidance and assistance to other staff and contractors if and when required.
* Organise and manage work teams and other resources including contract work.
* Extensive knowledge, competency and practical experience in maintenance and fault finding on power
signalling systems, protected level crossings and associated equipment.
* Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in fault rectification and field maintenance on Point
Operating Equipment, Signalling Interlocking and Remote Control, Wayside Signalling Equipment inc.
Automatic Train Protection
* Ability to competently use appropriate hand and power tools, specialist tools and relevant test
* Ability to perform general and electrical calculations, and to read and interpret technical drawings and
* Possession of a current Western Australian "A" grade Electrical Workers Licence endorsed "Electrical
Mechanic" and/or "Electrical Fitter" or equivalent.
* Possession of a current Western Australian "C" class driver"s licence or equivalent.
* Demonstrated ability to analyse and rectify faults on complex electrical systems.
Communication and Interpersonal
* Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
* Demonstrated proficiency to download and analyse data from data loggers and submit reports based on such analysis.
* Proficient in using relevant software programs and computer equipment, including laptop and keyboard.
Contact: Renee Wade (firstname.lastname@example.org)