The ARA Light Rail 2021 will be taking place this year at the Sofitel Sydney in Darling Harbour from the 8th - 9th June 2021.
Light Rail 2021 will bring together operators, manufacturers, contractors and industry and government stakeholders of every level across the light rail sector to hear cutting-edge case studies, project updates and learn from successful projects in Australasia and the world.
Light rail is reshaping the Australasian landscape by reducing traffic congestion and greenhouse emissions and transforming the way we travel by offering smart solutions and completing multimodal connections. With transport planning refining our cities and regions, now it is the time to build a long-term, strategic light rail future that benefits all.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Magda Robertson, General Manager, Torrens Connect
- Duncan Edghill, Director-General, Chief Projects Officer, Major Projects Canberra
- Ben Phyland, Head of Rolling Stock Development, Department of Transport, Victoria
- Ainsley Simpson, CEO, Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA)
- Brian Brennan, Chief Operating Officer, Light Rail, Transdev Australasia
- Susan Palmer-Cannon, Director, Trains and Tram Projects, Rolling Stock Development, Department of Transport, Victoria
- Poppy Coleman, Director Safety, Sustainability, Environment and Assurance, Transport for NSW
- Michael Nolan, Climate Change Risk and Resilience Leader, Australia and New Zealand, Aurecon
Visit www.informa.com.au/lightrail for more information and to register your interest.
This week's Job of the Week is in Malaysia where we are looking for a Service Technician to carry out scheduled maintenance and repairs on the rail grinder fleet.
Job of the Week
Job ID#: 13227
Discipline: Rolling Stock
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Technician to carry out scheduled maintenance and repairs on the rail grinder fleet. The Company has working to maximize machine availability.as well as to drive, operate and maintain Switch Rail Grinding Machine/Metro Grinder as required.
The person is to be Kuala Lumpur based but responsible for work in South East Asia predominantly Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia) and East Asia (Japan, Korea, Taiwan) with occasional deployment to support other APAC countries like India, China and Australia.
Main responsibilities are to
- Report any defects found on machine & carry out repairs within required competency level for the role.
- Undertake maintenance activities in accordance with the Vehicle Maintenance Instruction | Maintenance Manual.
- Assist Grinder Technician with required tasks.
- Carry out planned maintenance duties in line with company policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure working environment is maintained as required.
- Inform supervisor of any issues / problems in a timely manner, which are outside your remit of control.
- Operate machine for maintenance purposes.
- Professional Qualifications needed to enable key activities to be achieved.
- Preferred recognized qualification in mechanical / electrical / maintenance engineering or a minimum of two years" experience in an associated trade.
- Basic knowledge and understanding in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and ability to work under instruction.
- Good knowledge of track geometry and parameters
- IT literate including basic knowledge of Microsoft systems.
- Calibration and understanding of railways operating systems.
- Full valid driving License as applicable.
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, relevant to the role.
- Sound written verbal communication skills.
- Competent in current maintenance standards in industry.
- Ability to communicate in English
Contact: David Hyland (email@example.com)