It's a bumper week for Jobs of the Week this week.
In India, we are looking for a Team Leader for a Sea Bridge Project in Mumbai. In the United Arab Emirates, we are looking for an Engineering Project Manager, High Speed Rail and a Civil Engineering Expert to work in Abu Dhabi. In the United States, we are looking for a Senior Project Planner and a Senior Project Manager to work in Oakland, California and in Taiwan, we are looking for an Energy Business Development Manager.
Stadler announced its market-entry into Lithuania on Wednesday with a deal to deliver FLIRT train sets to national operator LTG Link. The Swiss rolling stock manufacturer will supply both electric and battery-electric trains. The new contract comes hot off the heels of Stadler selling more than 2.500 units of the FLIRT worldwide, a milestone that was hit last week. Stadler will be delivering 15 new FLIRT multiple units to LTG Link.
RIA London & South has expressed its support for Transport for London’s (TfL) plan for the extension of the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) to Thamesmead, announced this week. This significant proposal promises to revolutionise transportation in and around the capital, improving connectivity, driving economic growth, facilitating social mobility and enhancing the lives of local residents and businesses.
Source: Rail UK
Mumbai last month saw India’s largest tunnel boring recording a breakthrough, and this past week it was the smallest EPB machine’s turn! J Kumar Infraprojects – Michigan Engineers’ tunnel boring machine S80B last week recorded a breakthrough at Mumbai’s Kurla Garden for 6.40 km Mithi River Quality Improvement Project’s Package IV.
Source: The Metro Rail Guy
A consortium comprising state-owned Korea National Railway (KNR) and engineering and construction firm Dohwa Engineering has won the contract for the design of the new Katowice – Ostrava railway between Poland and Czech Republic. The cross-border line will be constructed as part of the works associated with the Centralny Port Komunikacyjny (CPK) project, which calls for a new airport and new road and rail infrastructure.
Siemens Mobility and Südwestdeutsche Landesverkehrs-GmbH (SWEG) are opening a new rail depot in Offenburg, Germany to maintain the Mireo Plus B battery-powered trains that are expected to enter service in Ortenau in December 2023. This announcement follows one-and-a-half years of construction on the depot, which SWEG will lease to Siemens Mobility for 30 years from June 2023.
The first driverless urban line in Bangkok features 30 four-car monorail trains, fully automated train control and integrated wayside railway technologies. French rolling stock manufacturer Alstom announced the entry into service of the MRT yellow line in Bangkok, a driverless system able to operate at speeds up to 80km/h. The introduction of the 30 four-car monorail trains into service follows the 2017 agreement between the Eastern Bangkok Monorail and Alstom to deliver the turnkey Innovia monorail system.
Source: Railway Technology
Siemens Mobility’s first X-Wagen metro train has commenced passenger service on the Wiener Linien metro in Vienna. Having completed extensive testing, the X-Wagen began service on the U3 line on 16 June. The train’s inaugural run was ridden by Vienna City Councilor Peter Hanke, alongside project participants from Wiener Linien and Siemens Mobility. The new train has capacity for up to 928 passengers, 46 more than the V-metro train it is replacing.
The new METRONET Midland Station, bus interchange and multi-storey car park – which is part of Midland’s program to become a dynamic regional centre – has been approved for development. The new station will relocate and replace Midland’s existing train station, bus interchange and associated parking areas. In addition to delivering quality new infrastructure for the community, the station will improve connection to the existing retail areas, while maintaining the railway’s central role in the area.
Source: Infrastructure Magazine
The Australasian Railway Association (ARA) has welcomed a partnership between Rio Tinto and Gemco rail to build 100 rail cars in the Pilbara stating that the joint venture is a significant milestone for local manufacturing and the environment. The partnership has been developed by Rio Tinto, Gemco Rail and Qiqihar Railway Rolling Stock (QRRS), and is supported by the Western Australian Government.
Source: Infrastructure Magazine
Larsen & Toubro was today declared as the lowest bidder to construct 135.45 km Package C-3 of the 508.17 km Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR Bullet Train) project by India’s National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL). Elevated Package C3 will link Shilphata – Zaroli (chainage Km 21.150 – Km 156.600) in Maharashtra and includes 3 elevated stations at Thane, Virar and Boisar. Source: The Metro Rail Guy
Jobs of the Week
Job ID#: 13756
Discipline: Project Management
Our client is looking for a Team Leader for a Sea Bridge project in India at Mumbai, Maharashtra. Our client is an international consultant who are the PMC for the Versova Bandra Sea Link Project.
Expatriate expert required for this position on a continuous basis at the site Office in Mumbai.
- Post graduate Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering
- 30 years experience in the field of bridges
- Experience of construction supervision for at least four 4-lane highway Bridge projects across Sea / Creek/ Estuary
/ River in ICB contract with FIDIC based contract, each having contract cost not less than USD 150 Million
- Experience as Team Leader or equivalent with at least three projects of nature, construction supervision
4-lane highway Bridge projects across Sea / Creek/ Estuary / River in ICB contract with FIDIC based contract, each
having contract cost not less than USD 150 Million
Contact: Rajni Tewani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job ID#: 13752
Our client is seeking an Engineering Project Manager - High Speed Rail to be responsible for managing and overseeing all engineering aspects of a high-speed rail project, from initial design to construction completion as well as ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders. The role requires a strong understanding of engineering principles, project management, and experience in
managing large-scale infrastructure projects.
* Conduct and manage pilot studies for new stations, services, conventional Rail Passenger services and freight facilities.
* Manage assigned projects end-to-end by planning and organizing all the various project related activities such as project planning, resource allocation, budget management and issue and risk management, in accordance with project management principles and tools.
* Manage the respective Design Consultants and/or PMC to ensure Engineering deliverables are completed on time
* Supervise the administration of assigned project and oversee the project team's works in designing and building the rail through on-going coordination with PMC and project team members and contractors.
* Work closely with the project's architects, engineers and any appointed specialists or subject matter experts in order to ensure project milestones are timely achieved and project delays are effectively handled, in accordance with the approved project plan and timeline.
* Provide on-going guidance and support on the execution of technical day-to-day operational activities, in line with approved plan and documentation.
* Plan, assess and revise the engineering delivery plan as and when required, in line with the client's business needs and requirements, in order to meet organizational objectives while maintaining quality standards and enabling project delivery in a timely manner.
* Degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering or a related field.
* A minimum of 15 years of Relevant Experience.
* A minimum of 2 years experience in High Speed Rail Schemes.
* Implementation experience of at least 1 HSR scheme as Engineering Manager.
Contact: David Hyland (email@example.com)
Job ID#: 13755
Our client is seeking a Civil Engineering Expert to be responsible for managing the execution of civil works and services and providing technical expertise and advise to the PMC and contractors during the delivery of Etihad Rail infrastructure, in order to ensure a smooth workflow is maintained in line with the scope of work and established standards and protocols.
* Deliver on the development and approval of the criteria and specifications related to the civil design, ensuring enclosed documentation meets the functional and performance criteria agreed upon with the corresponding business units.
* Ensure the development of an integrated design for the civil/structural and systems that would produce a fully functional network according to the customers' needs.
* Address and resolve design and development issues encountered with the civil design and closely monitor the PMC's performance and delivery, in order to reduce the likelihood of risks and ensure timely handover of project deliverables.
* Responsible for reviewing the PMC's enclosed documentation pertinent to the civil discipline and issuing approvals where deemed necessary, in order to ensure the client's projects run smoothly and project stages are completed within set budget and timelines.
* Remain abreast with the latest trends and practices in civil engineering by performing on- going research on civil related technical issues, compiling findings and outcomes and generating reports mapped to cost and time effective recommendations.
* Responsible for ensuring civil works' execution and delivery by the PMC and contractors alike is in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, standards, codes and specifications and in accordance to the Engineering and Construction plans and scope of work respectively.
* Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
* A minimum of 7 years of Relevant Experience.
* Project management certificate
* Rail management certification
* Trained in rail simulation and modelling
Contact: David Hyland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job ID#: 13746
Language: Mandarin, English, Japanese
Our client is seeking an Energy Business Development Manager.
- Market/customer research for Energy Storage Solution, Microgrid, and/or other energy related new business in Taiwan
- Making Report in Eng or Jpn for the client
- Maintaining or making the relationship with customers (Taipower, Partners, etc)
- Preparation bidding work in collaboration with our client's Engineers.
- 1 year and after renewal
(2year can be considered)
- Infrastructure or Public Bidding Project Sales Experience.
- Chinese Native + English or Japanese business level
- Taipower or related renewable energy or energy storage business experience. (Not essential but preferable)
- Engineering Background (can understand Electrical Single Line Diagram) is better (Not essential but preferable)
Contact: Patricia Hsiao (email@example.com)
Job ID#: 13732
Discipline: Project Management
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Oakland, CA/San Francisco Bay Area.
* Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
* Directs and reviews the overall planning of project activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
* Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Manages and reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
* Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
* Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
* Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
* Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong client relationship.
* A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the client.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Previous Project Management experience
* Experience working in mass transit industry projects
* Working knowledge of safety and security, buy America regulations, train control systems, passenger vehicles, communication systems, communication systems, traction electrification systems, operation & maintenance of rail systems.
* Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
* A minimum of seven years of project management experience
* Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry projects
* Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.
Contact: Renee Wade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job ID#: 13734
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Planner who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Oakland, California.
* Plan the construction and commissioning work on day-by-day basis
* Work with company leaders and third parties to produce detailed plans for the Project activities and all planned deliverables
* Assist Project Manager in producing project control reports including variation reports regarding time and budget as required by the Project Manager
* Assist Project Manager with the attendance of meetings with the customer and subcontractors regarding scheduling and project issues, ensuring that company interests are fully represented
* Monitor work in progress to ensure that work is executed in compliance with the requirements of the contract and schedule
* Participate in the Change Order Management process
* Execution of other duties as directed by the Project Manager
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering
Required Skills & Experience
* 5-10 years of relevant Project Management and Project Planning experience
* Ability to use Primavera P6
* Ability to use Microsoft Project
* Strong ability to understand and analyze dependency logic and project critical path
* Highly motivated and adaptable to a time-sensitive environment in order to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
* Must be able to meet deadlines and effectively handle pressures associated with this role
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, Project constituents, third parties and general public
Desired Skills & Experience
* 3- years of experience with rail construction projects
* 2-years of experience with large infrastructure construction projects
* Excellent understanding of project management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills in liaising with project stakeholders in the development of project schedules, while identifying milestones and critical paths
* Excellent understanding of Project Management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills
Contact: Renee Wade (email@example.com)