The 2nd Annual Rail Modernization Summit will take place from 4-5th May 2023 at the Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity in New Delhi, India.
From keynote sessions to panel discussions, get relevant insights from thought leaders across the rail sector who will engage and interact with one another to analyze future as well as current trends. Brainstorm and exchange ideas with the industry experts in business and technology. Participate in thought leadership conferences and seminars as 2nd Annual Rail Modernization Summit tackles some of the most critical challenges and questions facing the modernization of rail industry.
For more info and to register to attend, visit: https://traiconevents.com/rms/index.html
Our Job of the Week this week is in Australia where we are looking for a CBTC Systems Engineer to work in Perth.
Automated metro project promoter Société du Grand Paris has appointed a consortium of Colas Rail and Alstom to supply 10 km of track, rigid overhead catenary and lineside equipment for the second phase of the future Line 17. The consortium said it would pay particular attention to the environmental and social impact of the project, including the use of low-carbon concrete and rails made from steel produced using a low energy-consumption process. It would also make use of electric vehicles, LED tunnel lighting, and rainwater recycling.
Source: Railway Gazette
Engineers in Scotland have begun an intense ten-day programme to install a 5,000-tonne bridge on the West Coast Main Line (WCML) at Ravenscraig in North Lanarkshire. The site is near Motherwell on the section of line currently out of service to allow the rebuilding of Carstairs Junction. The bridge project has been timed to coincide with that work, thereby minimising disruption to services.
In New Jersey, the Murphy Administration has announced the awarding of six FY23 Rail Freight Assistance Programme grants totalling more than $27.8 million. The grants help support economic activity by preserving and improving the existing freight transportation system and by making freight rail service more widely available for businesses throughout the state. Rail freight improvements support the state’s clean energy, congestion mitigation, and sustainable development goals.
Source: Global Railway Review
Larsen & Toubro last week was awarded the telecommunication contract (Package ASA05) for Chennai Metro’s 26.09 km Line-4 which will connect Light House – Poonamallee Bypass through 30 stations. Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL) had invited tenders for this critical Chennai Metro Phase 2 system in April 2022, financed by New Development Bank (NDB), with an unknown estimate and 2180 (5.97 year) deadline.
Source: The Metro Rail Guy
Per Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL)’s press release, Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co. Ltd. has been awarded a Rs. 100 crore contract to install Platform Screen Doors (PSD) at Chennai Metro’s 26.09 km Line-4 (Light House – Poonamallee Bypass). Full height platform screen doors on this line of Chennai Metro’s Phase 2 will be installed at 9 underground stations’ 18 platforms while half height PSDs will be installed at 18 elevated stations’ 36 platforms.
Source: The Metro Rail Guy
Railway history was made today on the Borderlands Line between Wrexham and Bidston as Transport for Wales (TfW) introduced the first battery-hybrid trains used in regular passenger service in Wales. The long-awaited first service operated by one of TfW’s Class 230 trains left Wrexham Central at 07:31, following months of testing and crew training.
Source: Rail UK
Ricardo has been appointed as ‘Shadow Operations Consultant’ for the construction of a 15km route between the province of Rizal and the central business district in eastern Manila. The role was awarded by the Philippine government’s Department of Transportation and follows our successful delivery of the same role during the current expansion of Sydney’s metro network.
Test trains will soon be able to start running under Melbourne’s CBD, with the laying of tracks in the Metro Tunnel now complete. Workers laid the final lengths of Australian-made steel rail on the tracks in March 2023, the culmination of nine months of work along the twin 9km tunnels and stations. The process began in mid-2022, when crews started installing 4,000 high-performance concrete panels to create an even base for the rail and ensure it was properly aligned.
Source: Infrastructure Magazine
The Rotterdam metro RET made its first trip to the new station on the Hoek van Holland beach on Friday. The station had been finished for a some time, but setbacks meant services could not start until now. The ‘Hoekse lijn’ was formerly a train connection between Rotterdam and Hoek van Holland, which falls within the municipality of Rotterdam. The track between Schiedam and the South Holland seaside town was converted into a metro line in recent years. Alstom provided a CBTC signalling system for the last kilometres new metro line.
Job of the Week
Job ID#: 13685
Position Type: Permanent
Our client is a global integrated provider of rail solutions and they are looking a CBTC Systems Engineer, this is a permanent full-time position based in Rivervale, WA.
About you: an enthusiastic self-motivated System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment- with minimum 2 years' experience in testing, requirements engineering, integration, and system verification. You are comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
Accountabilities will include but not limited to:
* Ensure the identification, analysis and traceability of Overall System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing) by properly apportion requirements at subsystem level in order to achieve system functionalities and performances.
* Produce Operational Scenarios and script and be ready to actively participate in customer workshop
* Support the implementation of the adequate and effective technical solution
* Guarantee the identification, management and resolution of the physical and functional interfaces among the subsystems.
* Ensure the delivery of the assigned tasks on time, on budget and quality.
* Coordinate traceability of overall Subsystem Requirements.
* Support the definition of Projects technical specifications and overall solutions.
* Support System Validation activities and definition of the overall System Integration test procedures.
* Support execution of System Integration tests on site and the preparation of final test dossier.
* Support System Integration Test in Lab.
Education & Experience:
* Ideally Software, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Transportation or Information Technology and Telecommunication Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
* At least 2 years of System Engineering Expertise with preferred experience in 1) Delivering complex solution requiring System Integration activities and 2) Railway and ETCS/CBTC knowledge are desirable.
Contact: David Hyland (firstname.lastname@example.org)