Australasian Railway Association Understanding Rail Course
Whether you are new to the rail industry, have recently started a new role, or simply want to brush up on your industry knowledge, the Australasian Railway Association’s (ARA) Understanding Rail course is the ideal opportunity to take the next step in your career in rail.
This transformative, five-week experience will teach you about the rail industry in Australia and New Zealand. Hear direct from industry leaders and experts as you work through this highly interactive program to lay the foundations to progress your career in rail.
Participants will have the chance to network with their class colleagues online, take part in live and interactive sessions and make the most of a range of digital content available on our dedicated online platform.
When you complete the course, you will:
• Gain an overview of the rail industry and its terminology
• Learn about the rail industry’s contribution to our economy and community, and how current policies, projects and innovation will drive its future
• Discover the different types of rail infrastructure and rollingstock, and how to ensure their safe and efficient management across the asset lifecycle
• Learn about the complexities of safely operating a rail network, and the systems that keep it moving
• Gain an understanding of the range of businesses that make up the rail supply chain, and how they work together
• Find out how to apply this knowledge to your own workplace
This year Understanding Rail will be accepting two intakes, starting 1 – 31 March and the second running 6 September – 6 October. Registrations have now opened for both intakes.
Nearly half of all course participants are more confident working in the rail industry and improved their understanding.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this course having known absolutely nothing about this industry. The webinars were all very interesting and the speakers were all very impressive and have a lot of knowledge. I look forward to increasing the knowledge I have gained throughout the next chapter of my career in the very exciting rail industry.” – Understanding Rail participant