Regarded by many as the best railway show in Asia, the 22nd Edition of Rail Solutions Asia will be held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre from 24 - 26 May 2023.
More than 50 companies have already confirmed their stands, including national pavilions from Austria, Germany and the UK. See list of confirmed exhibitors here Exhibitors
The programme includes 2 sessions on; Projects & Planning and Education & Training, plus 4 Specialist Workshops on; Rolling Stock, Permanent Way, Signalling & Communications and Operations & Maintenance. See conference programme here Conference Programme
The Annual Congress of the Asian Railway Operators Association (AROA)
Delegates from all of the local Malaysian rail operators and authorities will be joined by Senior Managers from railway operators from 5 other Asian countries. See confirmed attendees here AROA Members
For Exhibition Stand and Conference Delegate bookings, or to Pre-Register as a visitor, visit http://www.tdhrail.co.uk/rsa/
We have 2x exciting Jobs of the Week this week. In Australia, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager (Signalling) to work in Perth and in India, our client is putting together a bid for work on the upcoming Delhi Metro Phase 4 project and they are looking for a number of international Railway Experts to include as part of their bid.
Alstom, global leader in smart and sustainable mobility and Irish Rail have together unveiled a 1:1 scale mock-up carriage for DART+ to the Irish public in the presence of Irish Minister for Transport Eamon Ryan TD, Jim Meade (Irish Rail’s Chief Executive), Nick Crossfield (Alstom UK & Ireland Managing Director) and Piers Wood (Alstom Ireland Managing Director).
Source: Rail UK
Alstom, global leader in smart and sustainable mobility, and Hong Kong’s MTR Corporation formally launched the implementation of the contract for the supply of signalling system for the Lantau Extension project, comprising the Airport Express Line, the Tung Chung Line and the Siu Ho Wan Depot. Alstom’s responsibility includes the design, engineering, supply, integration, testing and commissioning of the LAR Extension’s signalling system using its proven SACEM (Système d’Aide à la Conduite, à l’Exploitation et à la Maintenance) automatic train control (ATC) solution and the Smartlock 400 interlocking technology.
Source: Rail UK
Renfe has awarded Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (CAF) a contract for the supply of 29 Cercanías electric trains for €192.7 million. The contract includes train maintenance for 15 years, as well as the possibility of expanding the supply with up to 9 additional electric trains. The purchase of these 29 Cercanías units complements the acquisition of new Media Distancia trains in order to guarantee maximum efficiency in the operation of the new fleet and the lowest cost over a long period of time.
Source: Global Railway Review
The METRONET Morley-Ellenbrook Line project has reached a major milestone with the laying of the first tracks for the game-changing project in Perth’s northeast – the biggest expansion of the city’s rail network since the Mandurah line. The $1.1 billion project is jointly funded by the Federal and State Governments and is the longest METRONET project.
Source: Infrastructure Magazine
Constructed at a 359m height, this bridge is claimed to be the world’s highest railway bridge. The 1,315m-long railway bridge over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir, India, will soon be opened for traffic. Claimed to be the world’s highest railway bridge, it is being constructed at a height of 359m. It is said to be 35m taller than the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. The arch bridge between Bakkal and Kauri in the Reasi district is 1,178ft above the riverbed and aims to serve as a key link from Katra to Banihal.
Source: Railway Technology
TfL has released its annual budget for 2023/24, revealing that it can now fully cover operational costs following its financial difficulties during the pandemic. This will enable it to invest in new and improved services, including more bus routes, Tube improvements and walking and cycling schemes across the city and outer London. Across the next financial year, TfL anticipates an overall operating surplus of 79 million GBP, which will be reinvested in its network alongside any allocated government funding.
CRRC-made metro trains have commenced no-load trial runs on the Shanghai-Jiangsu Line 11 in China. This is China’s first cross-county metro line and Jiangsu’s first cross-province rail service that directly connects with Shanghai. The six-carriage metro trains will travel at speeds of up to 100 kilometres per hour while carrying a maximum of 2098 passengers.
The Australian and Victorian governments have reached a memorandum of cooperation (MoC) with the Australasian Railway Association (ARA) to enhance the interoperability of the rail network in the country. This agreement will allow transport ministers and rail industry stakeholders, including operators, builders and manufacturers, to work in tandem to make railways more interoperable, specifically for future key investments.
Source: Railway Technology
The new braking technology is said to offer critical safety features to the trains and cut maintenance intervals.Alstom Transport India has awarded a contract to Wabtec to deliver braking systems for trains on the Metro Line 3 project in the Indian city of Pune. The contract includes 22 trains with 66 cars in a three-car configuration, which will operate on the 23km-long Hinjewadi-Shivajinagar elevated Metro Line 3.
Source: Railway Technology
Jobs of the Week
Job ID#: 13681
Our client is a global integrated provider of rail solutions and they are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their dynamic team in delivering projects on the latest in train control systems. Based in our Perth office, the role will work with a team of Project Managers and will report directly to the Delivery Manager Australia.
The candidate will have strong experience in project management with experience in on-board signalling, systems and along with experience in real-time system engineering; testing and integration activities, software verification and validation best practices and safety critical techniques.
The accountabilities of the Project Manager will include but are not limited to:
* Supporting the Project Delivery Function and maintenance of the Project Delivery Plan;
* Assisting the Project Director with strategy development and budget management;
* Supervising the production of the project plans and schedules;
* Coordinating project reporting in compliance with the Contract and internal requirements;
* Contract Administration including the management of Progress & Variation Claims, Invoicing and timely Payment Collection;
* Preparing, disseminating and maintenance of the contract compliance matrix;
* Coordinating and supporting internal and external audits;
* Assisting the Project Director with commercial issues involving the Contract and Sub-contracts as necessary;
* Liaising with the Project staff as required to capture actual progress for reports and to identify any project wide risks to the Project Director;
* Attending/chairing Project meetings and arrange the preparation of progress reports, performance reviews and commercial reports;
* Representing the Project Director at customer meetings in his absence;
* Ensuring all activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of continuous improvement;
* Ensuring all activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of safety.
* Degree in Engineering or Science
* 5+ years" experience in a PM role in on-board signalling and systems (ETCS, CBTC) projects;
* Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse cultural organization with multiple key stakeholders displaying highly polished interpersonal and communication skills;
* Experience in effective resource management and working with a large multi-cultural team;
* Strong working relationships with technology providers;
* Experience in real-time system engineering; testing and integration activities, software verification and validation best practices and safety critical techniques.
* Electromechanical Design
* European Train Control Systems level 2
* Interpersonal skills
* Flexibility with time and travel
Contact: David Hyland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job ID#: 13686
Position Type: Contract
Our client is currently preparing a proposal for the upcoming Delhi Metro Phase 4 project with other consortium members, and they are required to mobilize the international experts from the following list.
* Team Leader (51MM)
* Project Planning and Coordination Expert (18MM)
* Chief Underground Structure Expert (33MM)
* Chief Tunnel Expert (29MM)
* Tunnel Ventilation & ECS Expert (13MM)
* Chief Quality Assurance and Quality Control Expert (21MM)
* Chief Construction Safety Expert (24MM)
* Signal Train Control Expert (22MM)
* Telecom Expert (6MM)
* Traction & Power Supply Expert (6MM)
* Track Expert (17MM)
* Rolling Stock Expert (27MM)
If interested in being considered for any of these positions please submit your details to us specifying the role you would be interested in
More than 25 years overall Experience in Metro/ Rail Projects
More than 10 years experience in Metro Projects
More than 5 years experience in Satisfactorily Completed/ Ongoing Metro projects (same or higher position)
Has worked in India more than 1 year
Proficient in English
Under 65 years of age
Contact: Rajni Tewani (email@example.com)